DJ Luke Nasty is a DJ, Songwriter, Rapper and Producer from High Point, North Carolina. Luke’s career took off when his single “Might Be” went certified Gold and spent 3 weeks at #1 on the Urban Charts and 10 weeks on the Hot 100 Billboard Charts. He followed up with another Gold Record “OTW,” which hit the Urban charts Top 5. Luke also made noise with his single “Last Night” featuring Rotimi. He’s currently working on a new album “DISTRACTONS” due out later this year. DJ Luke Nasty talks about the upcoming project and more exclusively with Lashaun Turner for 247HipHopNews.com
- If you could write a headline about yourself what would it say?
Luke Nasty Sex tape LEAKED lol
- Can you run me through the making of your latest project DISTRACTIONS? How the idea came about and what the studio vibes were like? What can fans expect?
Really just me realizing all the things that kinda distract me like money .women …clothes..:etc but I kinda use to hate rapping about em but one day I woke up and was like let me embrace them. And it’s a different sound from me ppl used to hearing samples and just my struggles but I want them to know my life has its perks. But these perks can also be addictions so it’s really just mixed emotions.
- Which emotion more than any other, currently dominates your music? Joy, sadness, anger or passion etc., and why?
I would say all because whatever I’m feelings in make according that. Sometimes I’m going through something and I need to vent or sometimes I just left the club and wanna make a banger lmao
- In what ways has your newest music changed from when you first started?
Mostly my production I’ve been making a lot of my beats and kinda falling back from samples just to let ppl know I really do this.
- What’s your process like for making music? Do you have a set routine or does it vary track by track?
Just having fun as cliche as it sound I don’t sample music because I think it’s a hit I’m very big on things that are nostalgic like the feeling you get that takes you to a place where life was easier cause we always think life hard until we look back
- How is the record Baller doing, what has the feedback been?
It’s been dope! I’m just a huge fan of Texas music so I wanted to pay homage … that’s still kind of a sample record even tho I made the beat so it’s really me making a transition from samples to original beats.
- How have you grown as a man and as an artist since your debut?
I feel like I’ve grown a lot I kinda got a chance to see the world and open up my mind to new experiences. I’ve got to see how ppl act different I got a chance to be a better provider for my family. I still got a lot of growing to do I’m just glad I can do it doing something I love.
- To date, what has been the most rewarding experience involving your musical career?
Being able to have other songs ppl enjoy, I never wanted to be a one hit wonder. So when I performed OTW in Oakland in a sold out Oracle and bring Dwayne Wiggins out felt like a checkpoint.
- Anything else you want the readers to know?
I want them to go listen to the music not just the hits, the albums I put out really tells you a lot about me. I’m not really an internet person so I tend to put all my problems my accomplishments my trials and tribulations in my music. I promise you gonna enjoy it knowing you not the only person going through what you going through because I can relate so I’m making a sound track..