Bryson Tiller’s sophomore studio album True to Self soared to the number #1 spot on the Top 200, selling over twice as many units as the #2 album, Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. Lil Yachty and Gucci Mane debut in the top 20, joining Drake, Bruno Mars, Post Malone, Migos, Future, and Khalid joining them in the top 20.
1) Bryson Tiller — True To Self: Tiller’s True to Self may turn out to be even more successful than TRAPSOUL, which currently sits at #50 on the charts. True to Self enters the Billboard 200 with 106,570 TAEU (total album equivalent units) and 47,436 sales.
2) Kendrick Lamar — DAMN.: At #2 once again this week is Kung Fu Kenny with his latest album DAMN. The follow up to 2015’s To Pimp a Butterfly logs 84,428 TAEU and 19,699 sales, even though it came out seven weeks ago. “HUMBLE.” continues to be a success as a single, clocking in at #4 on the Hot 100.
3) Drake — More Life: Drake’s playlist continues to thrive as well, showing up at #4 this week with 49,721 TAEU and 2,844 sales. More Life remains in the #4 spot, logging high streams and relatively low sales.
4) Lil Yachty — Teenage Emotions: Apparently Yachty is a little disappointed with his #5 debut, but it really isn’t so bad to be nestled in between superstars like Drake and Bruno Mars. Teenage Emotions opens with 45,589 TAEU and 20,344 sales, it isn’t extremely strong nor week.
5) Bruno Mars — 24k Magic: After 28 weeks on the charts, Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic remains totally solid. Sticking around at the #7 spot he was in last week, Bruno Mars clocks 38,020 TAEU and 14,941 sales.
6) Gucci Mane — DropTopWop: Gucci Mane debuts his new one, a collaboration record with Metro Boomin, at #12. DropTopWop is more of the super-solid post-jail Gucci that we’ve been getting used to, and we’re certainly happy he’s come back with a bang. This one runs 32,202 TAEU and 8,151 sales for its first week.
7) Post Malone — Stoney: At #13 this week is Post Malone with his debut album Stoney. After 25 weeks on the charts, the album is still putting up numbers: 29,849 TAEU and 2,238 sales this time around.
8) Migos — Culture: Migos are still in crush mode, coming in at #14 – just a few places behind last week’s stint at #10 – with their second studio full-length Culture. With 29,356 TAEU and 2,204 sales, the record continues to find success with its fans.
9) Future — Future: Future’s self-titled album is at #17 this week, slipping just slightly from last week’s placement at #14. The ATLien clocks 28,238 TAEU and 1,020 sales with the help of the successful single “Mask Off.”
10) Khalid — American Teen: Khalid’s debut album is at #19 this week, continuing to thrive even 13 weeks after its release. The newcomer puts up 24,411 TAEU and 2,343 sales this time around.
The top 9 tracks this week are actually the exact same as last week: “Despacito” leads the pack, with Bruno Mars’ “That’s What I Like” at #2, DJ Khaled’s collaborative “I’m The One” at #3, “HUMBLE.” at #4, “Mask Off” at #6, “XO Tour Llif3” at #9. Post Malone and Quavo bump Kygo and Selena Gomez from #10 this time around though. A handful of new Bryson Tiller cuts pop up on the Hot 100 after the release of his #1 album True To Self, and Travis Scott’s “Butterfly Effect” debuts at #99.